Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Don't Shit in the Bathtub

Today, my 2 year old daughter was the facilitator of this evening's lesson on life. I'm sure it was accidental but yet it was profound in a.... Gross way!

She shit in the bath tub.....
Mind you, I thought past the age of 18 months and about 37% into potty training, we were beyond the possibility of this damn fiasco.

My 12 year old step-daughter comes out of the bathroom with a slight grin. "Bop boo-boo'd in the tub." I look at my lunch- breaking husband, then at Sierra and knew I was alone on this one. So I get it out, drain the water and proceed to give Bobster a shower. I was so annoyed but in the end, I gave her a big hug and told her I loved her. I told her we will work harder to grow up to the big potty so this won't happen again.

Hours later......

It hit me!!! About a month ago, I shit in the bathtub. No! Not literally, but in my marriage.
We were damn near perfect. Yes, occasionally I talk too much and he chews with his mouth open but other than that, no issues. Until the day I had that shitty feeling that sometimes shows itself as my previous marriage which was a complete case of diarrhea gone completely wrong. And instead of putting it in the toilet, I put it in the warm- watered, toy filled happy place bathtub that was my current marriage. I accused my husband of being wrong and disrespectful of our relationship when looking back, he was completely oblivious to what I was talking about because he wasn't. I created a "trust" issue when there was no need for one.

I shit in the fucking bath tub when it should have been flushed somewhere else.

But he, like that of an understanding and patient mother, cleaned it up, washed me off and held me
tight. He told me we will get through it and move on from both of our past together. He was
showing me how to move on because it will only get better.

So, to my Bopster, thanks for showing me that we are human and shit happens even when we are
happy and content. Just look forward and learn to be a better person. Appreciate the warm,
clean water.

Don't shit in the bathtub

2 comments:

  1. I think I "shit in the bathtub" on a regular basis. Not even going to sugar coat it. My therapist likes to remind me of how lucky I am to have found Dustin. He puts up with a lot of "shit!" It hasn't been until recently that I've realized how toxic I've been for the past 6 years. Since my diagnosis of PPD, I've realized that I've been majorly depressed since I was about 10. I've never dealt with it, so I've just became a bitter, mean bitch. But only to certain people. Luckily, I have my therapist now and we're working on fixing all of that. But anywaaaaay - I like the fact that you're so honest and I love your posts. I'm subscribing right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks You are an inspiration for me and one of the major reasons I decided to do this. Honestly. You show that it is ok to show imperfections and reality of life. That is what's the matter with this world. We are so secretive about life when in fact, crazy shit happens to us everyday. You show me that it is ok and perfection is such bull!!!! We all have things that we are going through and itsok. Please keep writing cuz I'm reading!!!!!

    ReplyDelete